I sometimes find it tricky to get the right fit without sacrificing comfort. Picking a bra that tailors to your specific needs is the ultimate solution.
It’s better to invest in one good fitting bra than multiple bras that won’t do you justice. Finding a bra that shapes your body and holds you in, especially if you have large cups is key to your wardrobe.
It is so important to try to keep the girls up and lengthen your torso to gain a taller appearance. What you wear underneath your clothes makes a big difference on the outside. A proper fitting bra can transform your look and make you feel sexy and confident as ever.
Below is a helpful guide of bra types and their different functions, along with some of Jessica’s Favorite Picks, which come in a variety of colors and sizes:
- Molded Cup Bras: A molded cup bra is seamless with cups that keep their shape even when the bra is off the body. Lined with a thin layer of foam, molded cups do not add size, but sculpt your breasts so they appear smooth and symmetrical. Molded bras are more forgiving of unevenness, for those who have issues with “lopsided boobs”. Your breasts will take the shape of the cups, creating definition with a natural look.
- This everyday bra features toe-back straps with a centre pull to prevent shoulder slippage. The racer back clasp provides additional support, which will go great with any diversely cut top!. Sizes: Up to UK GG cup = US J cup
- Perfect for those seeking an elegant look, providing comfort and an accurate fit. The lightly lined cups with underwire add support and natural shape. Sizes: Up to G cup.
The best of both worlds… This bra features great coverage for no more spilling. However, it maintains its sexy look with a super low plunge that gives you a seam free, smooth push-up. If that weren’t enough, the low back allows for wear under any open top or dress. It’s great for larger cups and small cups alike! Sizes: Up to UK H cup = US JJ cup
Full Cup Bras: Full Cup bras cover most of your breast, providing maximum coverage. This bra works great for full figure women, or anyone looking for some extra coverage. Full coverage eliminates the appearance of one boob out or spilling over cups, to give a more even look of the breasts.
- Made of butter-soft fabric, this 3-part cup offers superior support and comfortable fit. Super feminine with flattering full coverage. Sizes: Up to H cup.
- This full coverage bra is great for large cup sizes. Runs generously on cups. Best to order 1 cup size down. Sizes: Up to G cup.
- This double-layered, leotard back bra contains pre-formed underwire cups. Its breathable microfiber ensures a natural breast shape with firm support. Sizes: Up to H cup.
Stretch Bras: Stretch Cup bras stretch to take the shape of your breasts. This way, the cups will conform to fit each breast individually; this makes a smooth and comfortable fit regardless of size difference.
- Pretty straps and stretchy cups provide coverage, smoothness and support all while making you look and feel beautiful. Sizes: Up to F cup.
- Super sexy, made entirely of soft, stretch lace. This bra has tulle lining at the side of cups for definition and vertical seam for uplift effect. Sizes: Up to G cup.
Rich to the eye withscalloped edges and delicate details, which beautifully compliment any woman’s figure. This leotard back bra contains underwire, providing all-day support and comfort.Sizes: Up to H cup
Check out some of our favorite mentioned brands, click below:
Some other helpful tricks in choosing the right bra:
- Adjustable Straps: Adjusting your straps can give custom support to each breast. Is one boob out?You can make a strap tighter to bring extra lift to your smaller breast, making your breasts appear more symmetrical.
- Underwire: Underwire supports the breasts and prevents them from slipping out from underneath the bra. This support is essential with uneven breasts; to stop the larger breast from slipping down and keep the smaller breast lifted up.
- Band Size: Make sure the band fits snuf on the loosest hook. New bras should be worn on the loosest hook and then brought in as the bra stretches out. This will extend the wear.
To learn more about tips, brands, and bras, read the rest of our tip guide: