Every woman should wear a sports bra during exercise. Physical activity makes the breasts bounce up and down, which can break down ligaments in the breasts, causing soreness, pain, sagging and stretch marks.
Don’t despair! A Brief Affair has the best sports bras to keep your “girls” in place.
Top 9 Fitting Rules:
1. Band and cup must fit perfectly to prevent breast bounce and movement.
2. Snug fit keeps breasts close to the body.
3. The bra should contain soft materials to promote comfort and prevent any digging into the skin.
4. The fabric of the bra must not wrinkle.
5. Your breasts should never bulge out of the bra.
6. Find a bra with adjustable straps to provide customized support.
7. Underwire should lay flat against your chest bone, without rising up on your chest.
8. Moisture absorbing fabrics prevent chafing and improve breathability.
9. It is best to wear a cup sized sports bra, not an estimated size range like small, medium, or large.
So how would you know if it fits? Adjust the shoulder straps, make sure you fit into the cups and then jump around a little – see if you feel supported and comfortable. If not, on to the next…
Many believe a sports bra is easier to fit than a regular bra, this is not always true. It is important to research the features that best suit your needs. We’ve done some of the legwork for you – here are some solutions:
• Full coverage cups and rigid comfort straps hold you in to eliminate bounce.
• Coolmax fabric keeps you cool and dry.
• Ultra-light stretch foam offers complete containment. Ideal for high impact sports.
• Convertible straps can be worn regular or crisscrossed for added support and wardrobe versatility.
• Outer cup is finished with a center seam to give a natural shape.
• Back strap elastic pockets provide maximum adjustability and lay flat against the body
Natori Sports Bra Materials: 85% Coolmax Polyester, 15% Lycra Spandex
• Three-section, tailored cups with a crescent-shaped support at the side create a very attractive shape and provide firm support for the bust.
• The perfect interaction of high-function piqué fabric with functional toweling quickly absorbs moisture, keeping your skin dry.
• Breathable mesh back
• Seamless, microfibre towelling inner cups for extra support and pleasant comfort; does not chafe the breast.
• The soft microfibre underbust band provides firm support and moulds to the body’s contours
• Ergonomically-styled support straps, padded throughout with simple adjustment
Anita Sports Bra Materials: 80% polyester, 10% Polyamide, 5% Polyurethane, 5% Cotton
Panache Full-Busted Underwire
• Winner of sports bra brand of the year at the UK Lingerie Awards 2012 & 2013.
• 83% Less Breast Bounce
• Lightweight microfiber fabric wicks moisture away from the skin and breathable mesh panels keep skin cool.
• Smooth moulded inner cups reduce friction, improving comfort.
• The super smooth shape with flat seams looks great under any sportswear.
• The wide padded straps and silicone wrapped wires add that extra level of comfort as well as support.
• Individually encapsulates each breast providing support for every sport.
• Racer back option provides more freedom of movement, great for running.
Panache Sports Bra Materials: 47% Polyester, 40% Polyamide,