Wedding Season is here, so it's time to start planning! A time of pastels and flowers, gowns and tuxes, cake and champagne. It’s a celebration!
We want to look our best but more often than not, we find ourselves freaking out just a little bit (or a lot) during our gown fitting. Whether your the bride or guest you're going to need proper undergarments for your dress. Ill-fitting undergarments can ruin your look. That’s why what you wear underneath the gown is just as important as the gown itself. And if you're the guest, you're going to need a gift too. So let's get started.
What to Gift the Bride:
What to Wear Under Your Dress:
Depending on the style of your gown, you may need several of the solutions below. We have found many of these items to be red carpet secrets and lifesavers!
1. NuBra / Fashion Forms: This bra is backless, strapless, and seamless. It’s adhesive cups stick to your breast to give lift and provide cleavage - helping you stay in place.
2. Bra Back Converter: These bras are perfect for a seamless, low cut back look. Made with two sets of straps - straps attached to the bottom of the bra go across your stomach and pull the back of the bra down.
3. Seamless Strapless: Make sure the bra doesn’t show in the front if you have a low plunge cut. Your bra shouldn’t show from the back, if a dress slips down or is low cut. Try a convertible strapless which comes with removable straps and can be worn in a variety of ways (traditional, halter, crisscross, one shoulder & strapless)
4. Seamless Panties: wear something comfortable, that won’t ride up or slip down. If you’re wearing a dress that is skin hugging or made of a thin, light weight fabric then you definitely want to wear seamless undergarments. Seamless panties are invisible under your clothes - to be worn, not seen. You don’t want lines showing or areas to bulge. Read more about types of seamless panties.
5. Smoothing Shapewear: For those areas you want to tuck in, suck in, and slim down. You can slim all areas including your waist, derriere, thighs and back areas. Smooth, minimize, shape, lift, and support. There are all different types of shapers, chose according to personal problem areas. Read more about shapewear types and what’s best for you.
6. Bra Inserts: these crescent-shaped inserts are cleavage enhancers. Made of medical grade silicone and make breast enhancement look more natural than bra padding.
7. Nipple covers: If you’re planning on going braless, these are a great solution. They also work well under a slip. Adhere comfortably without any adhesive (your body heat does the work.) Molds to the shape of your breast and made of silicone.
8. Fashion Tape: Double-stick apparel and body tape. Prevent bra straps from slipping by taping straps to your dress. Or tape straps to your skin to hold them in place. Secure plunging necklines and perfect for quick hemming and emergency repairs. Gentle on skin, hypoallergenic, leaves no residue on fabrics, more discreet and fabric-friendly than safety pins.
9. Have a tailor sew your bra into your dress.
For more help with types of underpinnings, read the rest of our Bride Guide: