There are many people that find underwire bras to be uncomfortable and irritating:
- The underwire may rub against you, irritating the skin.
- The wire may bend out of shape and dig in or poke you – Ouch.
- Underwire bras can be constricting thus not allowing enough movement.
- Although they do provide ultimate support, lift, shape, and cleavage for those fancy nights out.
If you’re looking for casual, everyday comfort – I suggest you try a wirefree bra.
And that doesn’t mean you need to wear a sports bra or a bralette, wireless bras have come a long way since their limited selection. You can find a wide variety of non underwire styles that offer support and lift without that digging underwire. Styles come in maximum, moderate and light control.
Pros of Wirefree Bras:
- Padded and/or Seamless
- Last longer & easier to care for as there are no wires that could lose shape
- Able to move around easier & more comfortably
- Supportive styles for any body type or cup size
- Exceptionally comfortable all day long
- Great for Maternity and Nursing
- Great for Post-surgery and Augmentation
Cons of Wirefree Bras:
- Do not lift and separate as well as underwire bras
- Do not provide as much support as underwire bras for larger cup sizes
You can wear wirefree whenever, wherever for everyday wear. Whether you’re going to work, running errands, having lunch with the kids, or lounging around the house – wireless bras are a good staple for ever woman’s wardrobe.
For the moms who are expecting or nursing – during this time breasts may fluctuate in size and be sore. Pressure from underwire may cause added soreness and can sometimes cause clogged milk ducts. It is recommended to at least have one wireless option in your drawer for those uncomfortable moments, and while sleeping. We recommend:
For augmented breasts and post-surgery – breasts tend to be very sore and sensitive after a procedure. You do not want to harm or add any pressure or irritation to the breasts during this time. I suggest waiting at least a few months, before going back to underwire. Wearing a wireless bra will allow much more flexibility and comfort.
Check out some of our best-selling wirefree bras:
However, there are plenty of comfortable underwire bras as well, so you might want to check a few things first:
1. When was the last time you changed your bra wardrobe?
- Bras have a shelf life of 3 to 6 months.
- If underwire is bent or the bra is no longer comfortable, it might be time to replace your bra.
2. You may be wearing the incorrect bra size.
- More than half of women wear the wrong bra size, which can be very uncomfortable.
- Get fitted regularly as your size or shape tends to change.
- Read our Tip Guide for more info on bra sizing.
- Schedule a one-on-one bra fitting appointment.